Wall Plug-In Power Supplies
Many electronic devices call for lower power voltages than the levels that typically come through electrical outlets in homes and offices. This can be easily rectified with the use of Wall Plug-In Power Supplies, also called AC adapters, wall bumps, power cubes, wall adapters, or wall warts. These versatile power supplies come in the form of small plastic boxes that plug directly into wall sockets.
As you’ll see in the product categories outlined below, Wall Plug-In Power Supplies are available in a wide range of popular voltages, power levels, and reversed polarities (-R). These devices allow product designers great freedom when they cannot solve high-voltage issues directly inside the product being designed.
Wall Plug-In Power Supplies from Triad Magnetics
Wall Plug-In Power Supplies are essential for ensuring that end-user low-voltage electronic devices are adequately protected from higher voltages. And, as with all of our standard products, these power supplies meet the requirements of 2011/65/EU, the 2015/863/EU initiative.
In addition to our standard Wall Plug-In Power Supplies, the engineers at Triad Magnetics also have the capabilities to design, build, and manufacture completely custom wall plug-in power supplies solutions to meet the needs of all our customers.
Triad’s standard Wall Plug-In Power Supplies and junction boxes fall into the following five categories:
- Wall Plug-Ins – Switch-Mode Power Supplies - These plug-in power sources eliminate the need for internal power supply cooling devices, allowing end products to be designed smaller and lighter while keeping heat away from sensitive circuits and supplying a safer, lower output to the end product. Available with 50 to 60 Hz operating frequency at Level VI efficiency, these models meet EIAS 2007 energy-efficiency requirements for external power supplies. This line of power supplies is also tamper-proof and equipped with generous 6’ cords.
- Interchangeable Input Plug Wall Plug-In Switch-Mode Power Supplies - These power supplies allow for great versatility, with four different interchangeable plug styles available for use in North America, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Australia at 100-240V input and 24W 5-24VDC output with Level VI efficiency.
- JSU Series Power Supply Junction Box - When electronic equipment is stationary, it sometimes makes the most sense to hardwire it to a power supply junction box in order to avoid the frustration of tangled cords that can lead to accidental disconnection. This line is available in two popular configurations: 12VDC/1.5A and 24VDC/0.75A.
- Wall Plug-Ins AC Power Supplies Level VI - Consuming up to 25% less power than previous 60 Hertz AC power supplies, this line of AC power supplies was among the first to meet the U.S. Department of Energy’s Level VI efficiency standard. These supplies feature a power output of 12VA, a primary rating of 120VAC 60Hz, a secondary rating of 6VAC-24VAC, 2000mA-500mA, and a temperature rise of 30 ºC (86 ºF) max at rated load. These power supplies are UL-listed (UL/cULFile: E341931, UL 1310, Tab Parts UL only), and dimensions come in at 79.6 mm high by 59.7 mm wide by 48.1 mm deep. This is slightly larger than similar products of lesser efficiency, as higher-grade core materials are needed to meet the Level VI requirements. Additional flexible design options include a screw terminal secondary, third pin ground with secondary ground connection, and a mounting tab for added mechanical security. A 10-year warranty is also included. These supplies are ideal for security system locks, battery backup devices, and camera controls; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems; lighting; professional audio applications; and much more.
- Wall Plug-Ins DC and AC Power Supplies for Industrial and Commercial Use Only - These are similar to our core Wall Plug-In Power Supplies but are only meant to be used in industrial and commercial environments. This line of products is available only at the 60 Hz operating frequency, in AC/DC unregulated models with generous 6’ cords and a tamper-proof thermoplastic molded enclosure. Since they carry many required agency listings, their use aids in gaining agency approvals.
Browse our online catalog of Wall Plug-In Power Supplies to see how we can help with your unique application needs or reach out to our team to learn more about our custom solutions.