Audio transformers work specifically within the audio frequency spectrum from 20Hz to 20kHz, the audio band of frequencies that the human ear can detect. Typically much smaller in size than power transformers, they are used to transmit audio signals from input devices, such as microphones, to output devices, such as speakers. Impedance matching is one of their most important functions, to prevent signal reduction and modify feedback signals. These transformers also exhibit great isolation properties which help improve safety.
Custom Audio Transformers From Triad Magnetics
Triad Magnetics can customize any of our 40+ standard audio components to meet specific design requirements. Our engineers also specialize in the custom design of audio transformers for an extensive range of sound applications. From our state-of-the-art U.S. Design Center in Perris, CA, we are pleased to offer a full array of services, including rapid custom design, detailed prototyping, and thorough product testing.
Our comprehensive selection of audio transformers includes:
- Audio-matching, line-matching, and impedance-matching transformers
- Audio output transformers, in both push-pull and single-ended designs
- Filament and plate transformers
- Microphone and speaker transformers
All of our transformers can be tailored to meet the particular currency, frequency, and voltage needs of your equipment and application. For your convenience, we also offer a complete range of standard and custom filter chokes, RF transformers, and RF inductors.
Triad’s Custom Audio Transformer Capabilities
Our highly knowledgeable custom product engineers take your personal vision and make it a reality through state-of-the-art CAD virtual design, rapid prototyping, rigorous electrical and quality assurance testing, and production sampling. We are here to help you move your concept through the idea phase to a fully realized product.
We understand that every audio application has different current and signal transfer requirements, and that the performance of the transformer is dependent on the source impedance, load capacitance, and resistance. We carefully calculate signal levels, distortion, and bandwidth based on your system’s particular needs. Specifications we consider during the design process include:
- Power levels
- Frequency response
- Total harmonic distortion
- Insulation resistance
- Impedance: primary and secondary
- Rated DC current
- Insertion loss
- 3 dB bandwidth
- DC resistance
- Magnetizing current
Our seasoned engineers and specialists know how to ask the right questions to ensure you have the perfect custom audio transformer for your particular needs within your budget.
Our custom design and production capabilities include:
- Custom wound transformers for both output and power applications including chokes
- Wide bandwidth output transformers for Single Ended and Push-Pull vacuum tube applications
- C-cores and EI & F laminations
- Studio FX: compressors and microphone pre-amps
- Moving coil, interstage and pre-amp output transformers
- RIAA phono stages: tube and transistor designs
- Switching power supply design and manufacture
- Automated PCV assembly including surface mount and through-hole components
- Manual assembly and soldering with trained and certified operators
At Triad Magnetics, we are committed to providing superior quality. We adhere to strict in-house quality procedures and design testing, in addition to agency compliance tests that meet and exceed international industry standards and regulations, including:
- UL insulation system Classes B (130o C) through R (220o C)
- FCC Part 68 rules
- CSA group standards
- ISO 9001-2015 certification
- TUV, VDE, CE, and IEC certifications
- Mil-T-27E specifications
Whatever your electronic and audio needs, Triad has the industry knowledge and experience to ensure your audio transformer is perfectly designed, on spec, and in compliance with any and all applicable codes and regulations.
Contact Triad Magnetics Today
For more than 75 years, Triad Magnetics has been a groundbreaking presence in the audio equipment world. From our early days of innovation with music industry leaders Fender® and Dick Dale, we have been dedicated to designing and creating cutting-edge audio technology in an ever evolving industry.