Power transformers are critical components in many electronics and electrical applications due to their role in the transfer of electrical energy. These passive, electromagnetic devices generally rely on inductive coupling to transfer energy between circuits. During the transfer process, they also convert power-level voltages, increasing or decreasing levels depending on the application’s restrictions and requirements.
Power transformers are available in standard and custom models with a variety of designs, sizes, and ratings to suit a wide range of project requirements.
Custom Power Transformers From Triad Magnetics
At Triad Magnetics, we offer a comprehensive selection of standard and custom power transformers. Our transformers are available with power ratings ranging from 0.010VA–10kVA and frequency ratings from 20–500 kHz. Additionally, our custom transformers feature either series and parallel configurations and UL insulation systems from 130–200°C. Customers may also select from a variety of core material options, including iron, nickel, magnesium, silicon steel, and zinc.
Our expert engineers provide personalized service, working closely with customers to produce the optimal design for their unique application. To achieve this design, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certified design center (located in Perris, CA), where we perform extensive custom design operations with a focus on rapid design, prototyping, and testing. Combined with the knowledge and skill of our engineers, this facility allows us to modify standard products or produce entirely custom power transformers to meet the requirements of virtually every power application.
We offer customers a wide array of transformer products, including:
- 3-phase transformers
- Audio transformers
- Buck-boost transformers
- Chassis/panel-mount transformers
- Class 2 transformers (up to 100VA)
- Control transformers
- Current transformers (toroidal, laminated)
- Dry-type transformers
- Ferro-resonant transformers
- Impedance matching
- Impregnated or encapsulated transformers
- Inverter transformers
- Isolation transformers
- Low-profile transformers
- Medical transformers
- Printed circuit board (PCB) mount transformers
- Pule transformers
- Reactors (up to 400 Henries)
- Rectifier and filament transformers
- Single-phase transformers
- Switch mode (laminated and ferrite)
- Wall plug-in AC or DC adapters (made in the USA)
Triad’s Custom Power Transformer Capabilities
Our mission is to offer our customers the highest-quality power solutions. To achieve this goal, we maintain a comprehensive range of design and build capabilities.
All of our power transformers are designed to comply with numerous quality and performance standards, such as:
- UL Insulation System Classes B (130°C) through R (220°C)
- FCC Part 68 regulations
- CSA, TUV, VDE, CE, and IEC standards
- ISO 9001:2000 QMS standards
- Operating frequencies ranging from 50Hz to 300Mhz
- Up to 30KVA voltage ratings in laminated and high-frequency transformers
Some of the options available for custom transformer designs include:
- 1VA–100KVA three-phase design
- 500Hz–300Mhz frequency ranges
- Copper winding (in 41 gauge or higher)
- Litz magnet wires
- High dielectric and voltage designs
- Flame retardant design
- Low-profile design
- Sealed transformer design
- Toroidal design
- Horizontal and vertical configurations
- Termination options such as solder lugs, quick connects, lead wires, wire harnesses, and custom connectors
- Mount options including angle bracket, chassis, printed circuit, surface, and welded plate
In addition to the above design options, we offer a range of other design capabilities, including ISO 9001:2015 certified rapid design, prototyping, and testing.
Contact Triad Magnetics Today
When you bring a custom project to Triad Magnetics, we guide you through the entire production process, from initial design to final delivery. Built for durability and reliability, our transformers ensure optimal performance in any power application. Additionally, our commitment to a concurrent design-engineering process allows us to integrate critical design performance advantages and ensures products reach the market more quickly.