At Triad Magnetics, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide custom-designed products and design services that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. By focusing on understanding each customer’s specific requirements for custom magnetics, we ensure they are fully satisfied with the quality and value they receive at every stage of production, from initial design to product delivery.
As a design partner, we hope to contribute to the success of our customers’ end products by achieving an optimal product design for every application. We offer a variety of design services to help reach this goal, such as developing basic product specifications, providing feedback regarding safety standards, applying extensive quality control measures, and balancing performance, size, and cost factors.
For any design challenge that needs to be met, our team of engineers is ready, willing, and able to help. After discussing product requirements with the customer, they create initial and finalized designs that are submitted for approval. Upon customer request, they can turnaround proof of concept prototypes from the final design within two to three weeks. These capabilities encompass all of our custom magnetics products.
Custom Magnetics Products From Triad Magnetics
As an experienced custom power magnetics solution provider, we offer a variety of magnetics products, including:
Our custom transformers can be designed to a wide range of specifications, such as:
- Power ratings from 0.010VA to 30 kVA
- Frequency ratings from 20 Hz to 1 MHz
- System configurations in series and parallel
- UL insulation system ratings of 130–220° C
- Core materials, including grain-oriented silica, iron, iron oxides, magnesium, nickel, and zinc
- Core shapes such as traditional EE, EI, EP, ER, Pot Core, toroidal, and UI shapes
- Custom-tooled laminations for unique applications
Our team of engineers provide extensive design, prototyping, and testing services at our ISO 9001:2015 certified US-based design center to facilitate the creation of an optimized system design. Whether a customer needs to create a completely new custom power transformer design or modify an existing product for their unique application, our team can deliver the ideal solution.
We offer design expertise for inductors with:
- Designs ranging from high-frequency switch-mode inductors to large three-phase inductors
- Magnetic core materials such as amorphous alloys, ferrites, iron powders, and laminations
- Conductor materials such as magnetic wire, Litz wire, and copper or aluminum foil
Depending on the needs of the customer, our engineering team can design a custom inductor, build an inductor to exact specifications, or modify an existing inductor design. Our team works closely with each customer to understand individual mechanical and electrical requirements such as those for the following inductor types:
- AC line
- Common or differential mode
- Current limiting
- DC filter
- DC link
- DC swinging
- Harmonic filter
Our custom wall plug-in power transformers can be designed with the following range of specifications:
- Voltage inputs of 100 to 240 VAC
- Voltage outputs of 4.5 to 24 VDC
- Efficiency standards meeting EISA 2007 requirements
- Industry standard compliance for UL/TUV approval
- Customization options include unique packaging, custom colors, and global modular designs
For these products, we offer extensive mechanical and electrical design services, including
- 3D modeling
- Photorealistic rendering
- Design animation
- Design testing using mass, stress, and thermal simulation
- Environmentally sealed unit and embedded microprocessor integration
- Design review for compliance with defense specifications, I2C interface requirements, and noise and ripple standards
- Schematic capture and simulation
Our custom current sense transformers can be designed and built to meet varying customer specifications, including extreme operating conditions (such as temperature, radiation, or humidity) and current ratio, output, and capacitance requirements.
Some of the design options available for our current sense transformer products include:
- Construction designs such as open toroidal, severe duty encapsulation, or custom encapsulation
- Terminations such as PC mounts, custom leads, flying leads, connectors, and terminals
For the audio interface sector, we can design a wide variety of custom audio transformers, including:
- Audio matching transformers
- Audio output transformers (in push-pull and single-ended designs)
- Filament and plate transformers
- Impedance matching transformers
- Line matching transformers
- Microphone transformers
- Speaker transformers
All of these transformers can be customized to meet unique requirements regarding current, frequency range, and voltage. We also supply standard or custom filter chokes, RF inductors, and RF transformers.
Our team has extensive experience designing and building a wide range of high-frequency magnetic components in varying shapes, sizes, power levels, and frequencies. These broad capabilities, combined with our high-quality materials and state-of-the-art core technologies, allow us to meet every customer’s unique needs. Some of the custom high-frequency products we produce include:
- Flyback discontinuous/continuous current transformers. These switch-mode transformers store transferred energy.
- Gate/base drive transformers. These transformers interface power transistor drive circuits to power transistor gates.
- High-frequency inductors. These parts filter high-frequency pulses in switch-mode power supplies.
- Push-pull buck – derived forward transformers. In these switch-mode transformers, the topology works in both directions, and the core is utilized more efficiently.
- RF power transformers. These high-frequency transformers are reserved for special operating frequencies. Design and material selection for them requires careful consideration.
- Single-ended buck transformers. Compared to line transformers, these transformers offer high switch-mode frequencies.
The Triad Magnetics Custom Advantage
At Triad Magnetics, our custom magnetics solutions find application across a diverse set of industries across the world. From audio engineering to telecommunications, our innovative designs meet some of the most demanding industry requirements. By partnering with us for their custom magnetics product needs, our customers leverage the power of our custom solutions, including our:
- Experience. Triad Magnetics has served the custom magnetics market for over 75 years, giving us significant insight into proper design and building practices. Our senior design engineers have more than 25 years of experience, and every design engineer has at minimum five to seven years of rigorous training.Additionally, our team members come from diverse design backgrounds, affording us expertise in a broad range of applications. Altogether, these qualities enable us to provide quality products and superior service.
- Certified facility. Our facility in Perris, California is the home of our extensive design, prototype, and testing services. We maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification as part of our commitment to excellent quality management.
- Commitment to quality and innovation. From initial design to final product, we take pride in every one of our custom magnetics solutions. Through our innovative design process, we ensure that every solution meets and/or exceeds the customer’s needs. Few suppliers commit themselves as fully to QC, QA, and failure analysis as we do.
Custom Magnetics Case Studies
Our magnetics products are highly customizable to suit a wide range of customer specifications. Some of our most recent custom designs include:
Custom inductor for the alternative energy industry
Custom transformer coil for an industrial smart electric meter
Custom toroidal power transformer for a precision DC lab power supply
Shielded audio transformer for sound processing applications
Power supply for use with motor-driven window shades
Custom transformer for a blood and fluid warmer analyzer
High-voltage transformer for a medical optics application
High-performance professional audio transformer
Compact, high-frequency switching power transformer
High-performance machine tool transformer
Electric Recreational Vehicles
Contact Triad Magnetics to Start Your Project Today
For over 75 years, Triad Magnetics has been a leading provider of specialized magnetics products. Our expert team provides complete design, production, and testing services for all of our product offerings. Whether you’re in the audio, medical, or renewable energy industry or require a custom power component for your home, factory, or restaurant, we can meet your needs with a high-quality custom solution.
Contact our team today to learn more about our custom magnetics solutions or to get started on designing your custom magnetics product.